The Town Clerk is vested with many duties and responsibilities throughout the year. Some of the legal responsibilities are maintaining records for the township and highway departments, administering oaths, taking township board minutes and completing the proper filings with the county and state. Many other duties are performed by the Town Clerk, such as: creating agendas and board meeting packets, conducting the annual town meeting, arranging press releases and public notices, serving as Freedom of Information Act Officer and your Local Election Official. If you have questions, please fill out our Contact Form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Town Clerk’s office at (630) 719-6613.
Board Meetings are on the third Thursday of each month at 7:30 p.m. and are held in the Meeting Room at the Township office, 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL 60515.
Functions & Services Provided
- DGT Offices Closed – Independence Day June 26, 2020 The Township offices will be closed in observance of Independence Day on July 3rd, 2020.
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 6/18/20 June 17, 2020 The Township Board Meeting will be held at the Township office, as follows: Date: Thursday, June 18th, 2020 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda.
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 5/21/20 May 20, 2020 The Township Board Meeting will be held at the Township office, as follows: Date: Thursday, May 21st, 2020 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda.
- DGT Offices Closed – Memorial Day May 18, 2020 The Township offices will be closed in observance of Memorial Day on May 25th, 2020.
- Annual Town Meeting Suspended April 8, 2020 Governor Pritzker released Executive order 2020-22 this afternoon, April 7, 2020, addressing the ANNUAL TOWN MEETING scheduled for April 14, 2020 or April 21, 2020. The order specifically states the following: Section1: The provisions of the Township Code, 60 ILCS 1/30-5(a) and 30-5(b), requiring that each township’s annual meeting for calendar year 2020 be held on either ...
About the Clerk
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.