The Town Clerk is vested with many duties and responsibilities throughout the year. Some of the legal responsibilities are maintaining records for the township and highway departments, administering oaths, taking township board minutes and completing the proper filings with the county and state. Many other duties are performed by the Town Clerk, such as: creating agendas and board meeting packets, conducting the annual town meeting, arranging press releases and public notices, serving as Freedom of Information Act Officer and your Local Election Official. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Town Clerk’s office at (630) 719-6613.
Board Meetings are on the third Thursday of each month at 7:30 p.m. and are held in the Meeting Room at the Township office, 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL 60515.
Functions & Services Provided
- Township Annual Town Meeting April 21, 2020 March 30, 2020 UPDATE: The Annual Town Meeting is required by state law. The meeting will remain scheduled unless and until such a time as the Township receives guidance otherwise. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation on this matter.
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 3/19/20 March 18, 2020 The Township Board Meeting will be held at the Township office, as follows: Date: Thursday, March 19th, 2020 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda.
- Special Meeting of the Board of Trustees – Friday, March 6th, 2020 at 6pm February 28, 2020 View Special Meeting of the Board of Trustees agenda for Friday, March 6th, 2020 at 6pm.
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 2/20/20 February 19, 2020 The Township Board Meeting will be held at the Township office, as follows: Date: Thursday, February 20th, 2020 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda.
- DGT Offices Closed – President’s Day February 10, 2020 The Township offices will be closed in observance of President’s Day on February 17th, 2020.
About the Clerk
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.