The Assessor’s Office, in addition to being open to walk-ins, is still offering CURBSIDE ASSISTANCE. Please park in one of our designated parking spots, call our office at 630-719-6630, and we will come out to assist you. No need to get out of your car!
SENIOR FREEZE, DISABLED VETERAN & DISABLED PERSON EXEMPTIONS:
Public Act 101-0635 was recently signed into law and it allows the automatic renewal of 2019 senior freeze, disabled veteran, and disabled persons exemptions for the 2020 assessment year without a renewal form from the taxpayer.
DuPage County will be sending a letter to all the 2019 applicants of these exemptions explaining that a renewal is not required for 2020.
If you have a senior freeze already, there is NO need to fill out a form for this year. Those will automatically be rolled over to the 2020 tax year.
Need assistance? Here are ways to contact us:
The 2021 Senior Exemptions Applications are not available yet. The DuPage County Supervisor of Assessments is anticipating sending 2021 application forms late spring /early summer. To help avoid any unnecessary trips, please call our office before coming in to discuss any real-estate exemption.
Functions & Services Provided
Questions and information, please email email@example.com or call (630) 719-6630. Please provide a daytime contact number and either the parcel number or property address.
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 11/18/21The Township Board Meeting will be held at the Township office, as follows: Date: Thursday, 11/18/21 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda.
- 2021 Assessments & PublicationsDear Residents, The 2021 assessments will be available on our website’s Parcel Search on Thursday, September 2nd, 2021. The 2021 assessments include the Supervisor of Assessments equalization factor of 1.0202. This assessment is subject to future County and State equalization. After publication a property owner has 30 days to file an appeal with the DuPage County Board of Review. Upon reviewing your ...
- Exemption UpdateOur office received notice that the Governor signed HB-3289. This automatically carries over a senior, disabled or veteran exemption from 2020 to 2021 without having to reapply. Any new applicants still need to apply for their exemption, otherwise all received exemptions in 2020 will carry over to the 2021 levy year.Please call our office with any ...
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 07/15/21The Township Board Meeting will be held at the Township office, as follows: Date: Thursday, 07/15/21 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda.
- Tree debris removal due to 6/20/21 tornadoThe Downers Grove Township Highway Department will be by working through unincorporated areas to remove the tree debris from the parkway starting July 1st. Residents who experienced tree damage due to the tornado on June 20th, 2021, please have all tree debris moved to your parkway by July 1st, 2021 in order to have the ...
About the Assessor