The Township Supervisor is Chief Executive Officer of the Township, Chairman of the Township Board of Trustees, and as Chief Operating Officer implements the Township policies and programs. The Supervisor directs General Assistance, and is the Township Pension Administrator. The Supervisor acts as Chief Financial Officer, prepares and presents budgets and levies to the board for their approval each year, and is the treasurer of all Township general funds and Township highway funds. The Supervisor also oversees the Human Services Department which provides programs and services for senior citizens and for youth aged 13 and under. The Supervisor works with villages, agencies and organizations within the township to promote services and programs that would be beneficial to the residents.
- Zoom Link for Board Meeting January 21, 2021https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89285154966?pwd=Y25qOUNGWE52U25qSzR1ZXlGM0JvUT09 We’re having a problem again. If you use the meeting number and password you should also be able to get on.
- Community Adult Day Center Says Thanks! January 21, 2021Elaine Furjanic of Community Adult Day Center, with Supervisor Mark Thoman. Supervisor Mark Thoman: “We here at the Township were very pleased to be able to use part of our CARES Act funding to help Community Adult Day Center. Like many nonprofits, COVID hammered CADC with unexpected additional costs. Helping them get through 2020 and continuing ...
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 01/21/21 With Zoom Details January 18, 2021At this time the Township Board Meeting will be held on-line via Zoom. Details as follows: Date: Thursday, 01/21/21 Where: On-line via Zoom Meeting Room where it originates: 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: On-line opens at 7:15pm. Meeting begins 7:30 pm. At this time the meeting is closed to the public and is accessible via Zoom. The Zoom particulars are ...
- Deadline Extended: Take The Township Multipurpose Senior Center Survey! January 14, 2021Survey QR Code We’re looking for YOUR input on how to best utilize our nearly finished Township Multipurpose Senior Center. Please fill out our 5 minute “senior” survey and let us know how you think the space should be utilized and for what purposes you would attend. Please complete the survey so we can include your voices ...
- Hope’s Front Door Says Thanks! January 14, 2021Their Facebook post is here. Hope’s Front Door Executive Director Janelle RObinson with Supervisor Thoman Hope’s Front Door thanks Downers Grove Township and Mark Thoman, Supervisor, for their support through a CARES Act reimbursement grant to cover some of the 2020 COVID-19 related increases in community services. The $19,900 grant will help Hope’s Front Door continue to ...
About the Supervisor
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.