The Township Supervisor is Chief Executive Officer of the Township, Chairman of the Township Board of Trustees, and as Chief Operating Officer implements the Township policies and programs. The Supervisor directs General Assistance, and is the Township Pension Administrator. The Supervisor acts as Chief Financial Officer, prepares and presents budgets and levies to the board for their approval each year, and is the treasurer of all Township general funds and Township highway funds. The Supervisor also oversees the Human Services Department which provides programs and services for senior citizens and for youth aged 13 and under. The Supervisor works with villages, agencies and organizations within the township to promote services and programs that would be beneficial to the residents.
- 341! October 22, 2020Despite the lousy weather, volunteers came through again and helped deliver 341 five pack boxes of frozen meals, with water, crackers, and fruit cups, to senior residents of Downers grove Township. The 1,705 meals for October brings out total for the program to just over 10,000 nutritionally balanced meals delivered to our senior residents. We don’t ...
- DuPage County Moves Backward to Level 4 October 21, 2020Governor Pritzker and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) are announcing COVID-19 resurgence mitigations will be implemented in Region 7 (Will and Kankakee counties) and Region 8 (Kane and DuPage counties), beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, October 23, 2020. Both regions are seeing a 7-day rolling average test positivity rate of 8 percent ...
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 10/15/20 with Zoom Details October 13, 2020The Township Board Meeting will be held at the Township office, as follows: Date: Thursday, October 15h, 2020 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda. Zoom Information:Board of Trustees Meeting Thursday, October 15?7:30 – 8:30pm Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84720896594?pwd=NTdxRElzT3Nqb0drOFZkR0drL2QwQT09 Meeting ID: 847 2089 6594 Passcode: rN9uNQ Organizer: Mark Thoman PS- ...
- DGT Offices Closed – Columbus Day October 5, 2020The Township offices will be closed in observance of Columbus Day on October 12th, 2020.
- October Surprise! Frozen Meal Pack is Back: Sign Up Now For October 22nd 9am-11am Pick Up October 5, 2020(EDIT) Five Pack Frozen Meals available to seniors citizens 60 or over is on for Thursday October 22nd! This has been a very popular and successful event in cooperation with the DuPage Senior Citizens Council. REGISTER now through Monday October 19th at Noon. PICK UP is Thursday October 22nd from 9am-11am at the south entrance to the Township building, ...
About the Supervisor
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.