The Township Supervisor is Chief Executive Officer of the Township, Chairman of the Township Board of Trustees, and as Chief Operating Officer implements the Township policies and programs. The Supervisor directs General Assistance, and is the Township Pension Administrator. The Supervisor acts as Chief Financial Officer, prepares and presents budgets and levies to the board for their approval each year, and is the treasurer of all Township general funds and Township highway funds. The Supervisor also oversees the Human Services Department which provides programs and services for senior citizens and for youth aged 13 and under. The Supervisor works with villages, agencies and organizations within the township to promote services and programs that would be beneficial to the residents.
- Secretary of State Mobile Unit is Coming to Downers Grove – Hosted by State Senator John Curran July 15, 2021SAVE YOURSELF A TRIP, WE’RE BRINGING THE DMV TO YOU! When: Wednesday, August 25th, 2021 from 10 am – 2pm Where: Downers Grove Township – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove IL 60515 Services provided include: Renewing/correcting driver’s licenses Obtaining a state ID Purchase license plate stickers Motor voter and organ donor registration Class D road tests Seniors age 65+ can receive a free state ID Please ...
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 07/15/21 July 13, 2021The Township Board Meeting will be held at the Township office, as follows: Date: Thursday, 07/15/21 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda.
- LEGAL NOTICE / PUBLIC NOTICE NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON THE DOWNERS GROVE TOWNSHIP BUDGET July 7, 2021Notice is hereby given that an Amended Budget and Appropriation Ordinance for the Township of Downers Grove, in the County of DuPage, State of Illinois, for the fiscal year beginning March 1, 2021 and ending February 28, 2022 will be on file and available on our website for public inspection at 4340 Prince Street, Downers ...
- DGT Offices Closed – 7/5/21 July 2, 2021The Township offices will be closed in observance of Independence Day on 7/5/21.
- Tree debris removal due to 6/20/21 tornado June 29, 2021The Downers Grove Township Highway Department will be by working through unincorporated areas to remove the tree debris from the parkway starting July 1st. Residents who experienced tree damage due to the tornado on June 20th, 2021, please have all tree debris moved to your parkway by July 1st, 2021 in order to have the ...
About the Supervisor
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.