The Township Supervisor is Chief Executive Officer of the Township, Chairman of the Township Board of Trustees, and as Chief Operating Officer implements the Township policies and programs. The Supervisor directs General Assistance, and is the Township Pension Administrator. The Supervisor acts as Chief Financial Officer, prepares and presents budgets and levies to the board for their approval each year, and is the treasurer of all Township general funds and Township highway funds. The Supervisor also oversees the Human Services Department which provides programs and services for senior citizens and for youth aged 13 and under. The Supervisor works with villages, agencies and organizations within the township to promote services and programs that would be beneficial to the residents.
- Supervisor Report from the 2021 Annual Town Meeting April 15, 2021Supervisor Report 2021 Annual Towns Meeting It’s been two years since I’ve reported out on Township activities of the Supervisor’s Office. Despite the lockdowns and a few setbacks, the Supervisor office worked hard turning lemons into lemonade. I’m going to cover four main areas of our accomplishments over the last two years. First and most boring is budget ...
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 04/15/21 With Zoom Details April 13, 2021The Township Board Meeting will be held at the Township office and on-line via Zoom, as follows: Date: Thursday, 04/15/21 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda. Zoom details: Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86456271561?pwd=ZWhjaEMzUVM5b0dIVlpsc2lpak5tdz09 Meeting ID: 864 5627 1561 Passcode: 618550 One tap mobile +13126266799,,86456271561#,,,,*618550# US (Chicago) +19292056099,,86456271561#,,,,*618550# US (New York) Dial by your location +1 312 ...
- Frozen Meal Packs are Back for 2021! Sign up now for Thursday April 29th Pick Up. April 13, 2021(EDIT) Five Pack Frozen Meals available to seniors citizens 60 or over is on for April 29th! This very popular and successful 2020 event in cooperation with the DuPage Senior Citizens Council is back for 2021. YOU MUST REGISTER starting now, through Monday April26th at Noon. PICK UP is Thursday April 29th from 9 A.M. to 11 A.M. at ...
- People’s Resource Center (PRC) has Updated its Services! April 13, 2021PRC (Westmont) proudly announces upcoming classes and workshops on job assistance, art, literacy and health. For general information about PRC (food distribution hours, social services, etc.), visit their website at: https://www.peoplesrc.org/ Literacy Programs: https://www.peoplesrc.org/adult-learning-literacy/ April’s Events Calendar: https://www.peoplesrc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/2021-APRIL-JA-Calendar-1.pdf Virtual Art Classes: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/FMfcgxwLtQWsRGnQMBWmmRsHSRrkddNx?projector=1&messagePartId=0.4 Computer Training Information: https://www.peoplesrc.org/computer-access-training/Computer Training Scheduling: https://www.picktime.com/PRCcomputertraining Microsoft Office Specialist Certification in WordDownload HEAL Tuesdays English for HealthDownload
- APWA Article Features The Township Center April 5, 2021The April 2021 edition of the industry magazine for the American Public Works Association features an article covering the history and construction of the new Township Center building. We’re pleased and honored to be featured in this magazine. You can read about it here: https://apwa.partica.online/reporter/april-2021/flipbook/82/
About the Supervisor
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.