The Township Supervisor is Chief Executive Officer of the Township, Chairman of the Township Board of Trustees, and as Chief Operating Officer implements the Township policies and programs. The Supervisor directs General Assistance, and is the Township Pension Administrator. The Supervisor acts as Chief Financial Officer, prepares and presents budgets and levies to the board for their approval each year, and is the treasurer of all Township general funds and Township highway funds. The Supervisor also oversees the Human Services Department which provides programs and services for senior citizens and for youth aged 13 and under. The Supervisor works with villages, agencies and organizations within the township to promote services and programs that would be beneficial to the residents.
- Bird’s Eye View 08/04/20 August 5, 2020Friends for Downers grove Township Seniors Board Chair Robert Petranek sent over some drone shots of the project so far. This week, most of the steel supporting the first floor is installed, Next week the prestressed concrete panels arrive for installation of the ground level subfloor, foundation insulation goes in, and the big hole gets ...
- Frozen Meal Pack is Back: Sign Up Starts Monday August 3rd for August 20th 1PM – 3PM Pick Up July 31, 2020Five Pack Frozen Meals available to seniors citizens 60 or over is on for August 20th! This has been a very popular and successful event in cooperation with the DuPage Senior Citizens Council. YOU MUST REGISTER starting Monday, August 3rd, through Monday August 17th at Noon. PICK UP is Thursday August 20th from 1 P.M. to ...
- 345 Frozen Meal Packs Help Our Township Seniors July 23, 2020This is the fourth event we’ve done with DuPage Senior Citizens Council and it was the best yet. We’ve provided drive up service for Township senior citizens, providing almost 1,000 five-packs of nutritionally balanced healthy frozen dinners, including fruit snacks and water – nearly 5,000 meals to help our friends across the Township! Our Awesome Crew An ...
- Make A Mask, Help A Friend July 22, 2020DuPage Health Coalition recently asked their clients/patients if they needed face masks and in just 24 hours more than 2,500 masks were requested! They learned that both adults and children needed masks. In a community as caring as ours, they just knew that there were lots of people who would want to help ensure that ...
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 7/16/20 July 14, 2020The Township Board Meeting will be held at the Township office, as follows: Date: Thursday, July 16th, 2020 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda. Masks are required.
About the Supervisor
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.