The Township Supervisor is Chief Executive Officer of the Township, Chairman of the Township Board of Trustees, and as Chief Operating Officer implements the Township policies and programs. The Supervisor directs General Assistance, and is the Township Pension Administrator. The Supervisor acts as Chief Financial Officer, prepares and presents budgets and levies to the board for their approval each year, and is the treasurer of all Township general funds and Township highway funds. The Supervisor also oversees the Human Services Department which provides programs and services for senior citizens and for youth aged 13 and under. The Supervisor works with villages, agencies and organizations within the township to promote services and programs that would be beneficial to the residents.
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 10/21/21 October 19, 2021The Township Board Meeting will be held at the Township office, as follows: Date: Thursday, 10/21/21 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda.
- DGT Offices Closed – 10/11/21 October 8, 2021The Township offices will be closed in observance of Columbus Day on 10/11/21.
- Amended 2021 Board Meeting Schedule September 17, 2021Please find the Amended 2021 Board Meeting Schedule link to download below: Amended Res 2020-1112-2-Meeting-ScheduleDownload
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 09/16/21 September 14, 2021The Township Board Meeting will be held at the Township office, as follows: Date: Thursday, 09/16/21 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda.
- Tornado Update September 8, 2021In late June, our Township was hit by a devastating storm, causing untold damage to several homes in the southeast portion. On behalf of the citizens of Downers Grove Township, I would like to thank our sister Townships, CERT, DuPage County, and the area businesses who donated food and water. I would also like to ...
About the Supervisor
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.