The Township Supervisor is Chief Executive Officer of the Township, Chairman of the Township Board of Trustees, and as Chief Operating Officer implements the Township policies and programs. The Supervisor directs General Assistance, and is the Township Pension Administrator. The Supervisor acts as Chief Financial Officer, prepares and presents budgets and levies to the board for their approval each year, and is the treasurer of all Township general funds and Township highway funds. The Supervisor also oversees the Human Services Department which provides programs and services for senior citizens and for youth aged 13 and under. The Supervisor works with villages, agencies and organizations within the township to promote services and programs that would be beneficial to the residents.
- Frozen Meal Pack is Back: 3rd Time’s a Charm! May 29, 2020 Third Time’s a Charm! 5 Pack Frozen Meals Available to Seniors 60 or over an encore event! This event was so popular DuPage Senior Citizens Council agreed to let us do it a third time! YOU MUST REGISTER starting Monday June 1st, ending Monday June 22nd at Noon. PICK UP is Thursday June 25th ...
- Township Multi-use Senior Center Moves Forward May 28, 2020 With plans approved by the Village of Downers Grove, the Township Multi-use Senior Center project has been issued a Construction Permit and will begin the active phase of construction ASAP. Supervisor Mark Thoman notes: “The issuance of the Construction Permit bring years of prep and months of planning, engineering, and design effort to a point ...
- A Big, Thank you! May 22, 2020 A big thank you to Dan Lehman and IBM who brought our highway department crew lunch today. Their way of thanking “First Responders” in the community who have been working through the pandemic. – Thank you, Dan & IBM! – DGT HWY Crew Downers Grove Township Highway Crew
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 5/21/20 May 20, 2020 The Township Board Meeting will be held at the Township office, as follows: Date: Thursday, May 21st, 2020 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda.
- DGT Offices Closed – Memorial Day May 18, 2020 The Township offices will be closed in observance of Memorial Day on May 25th, 2020.
About the Supervisor
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.