Downers Grove Township provides various programs that focus on youth. Among them: a substance abuse prevention grant targeting youth ages 10 through 18, and life skills classes targeting elementary and middle school students. For more information about specific programs, you can explore our website or call Human Services at (630) 719-6670.
- It Only Takes One- Mindfulness January 16, 2020 While simple, it is not necessarily easy. To live mindfully and in the present takes practice and is easy to forgot, but can be an important protective factor in proactive suicide prevention for our youth. Regular practice of easy techniques—such as diaphragmatic breathing and noting our thoughts as just thoughts not facts we have to ...
- Spring 2020 NAMI Teen Support Group Registration Now Open December 18, 2019 Registration is now live for NAMI’s next Teen Support Group! Dates and info for their Spring 2020 session are below. Free registration is on our webpage. Spring 2020 Dates: Orientation 1/16 7-8p Thursdays 7-8:30p on the following dates: 1/16, 1/23, 2/6, 2/20, 3/5, 3/19, 4/2 Deadline to register: 1/8 Location: NAMI DuPage Office at 115 N County Farm Rd, Wheaton View Google Map Who is this for? NAMI DuPage in ...
- Pumpkin Smash! October 29, 2019 At both Downers Grove North and South campus parking lot locations, BYOP to a Pumpkin Smash!
- Youth In Crisis Coalition October 7, 2019 Downers Grove Township is proud to be a founding member of this coalition. Our Life Skills Instructors reach into over two dozen elementary and middle schools in our Township to teach grade appropriate material on how to deal with the effects of teasing, bullying, anxiety, depression that can lead to serious emotional issues as students ...
- Township Led Life Skills Workshops Strengthen Teen Mental Health March 13, 2019 The Peer Led Life Skills program is making strides in the community. We partnered this year with District 99 for Operation Snowball and Westmont High School’s Take Care Day. Both programs advocate for teen mental health. The partnerships were a great success! Misty Boyd, our Prevention and Life Skills Coordinator created a workshop that students ...
- > Human Services > Youth Services
Fight The Bite
4340 Prince Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Main (630) 719-6600
Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm