4/12/2021 Passport Update
Call for appointments at 630-719-6610.
All requirements continue as outlined 8/17/2020.
Lead times for passport processing are still MUCH longer than in the past:
Routine Service: 18 weeks.
Expedited Service: 12 weeks.
Please plan accordingly. Customers will be required to pay the additional $60 expedited service fee if they wish to receive their passport in less than 10 to 12 weeks.
8/17/2020 Passport Update
Limited Passport Service Resumes Monday, August 17th by appointment only, and on a trial basis.
- You must call ahead for a Passport appointment at 630-719-6610.
- No walk-ins are allowed.
- No priority services are available.
- Clients will have temperature taken and will answer a brief list of questions regarding current health before entering the building.
- Clients MUST wear a mask covering nose and mouth while in the building.
- Clients will be directed when they may temporarily remove their mask for a passport picture.
Hopefully we will be able to stay up and running on this service. We apologize in advance for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
6/17/2020 Passport Update
A resident has pointed out we do not post current COVID-19 State Department information. During COVID-19 shutdown, the State Department posts passport information that may change daily here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/passport-covid-19.html
The State Department is not processing passports at this time unless it is a life or death situation, where you must contact them direct to make an appointment. To make an appointment at a passport agency or center for a life-or-death emergency, you must call the State Department National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 (1-888-874-7793 TDD/TTY) on Monday- Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time, except federal holidays. Call 202-647-4000 outside of these hours to make an appointment.
Downers Grove Township is a Passport Acceptance Agency. To apply for a new U.S. Passport, you must have one of each of the following:
- Proof of Citizenship: Certified Copy of Birth Certificate, Certificate of Naturalization or an Expired Passport (issued in the last 5 years). All documents must be sealed, certified originals. No photo copies will be accepted.
- Identification: A Valid Photo ID is required. A Drivers License or State ID are acceptable forms of identification. The ID must include: your photo, signature, issue date and expiration date.
- Passport Photos: Passport photographs must be 2″x2″ in size. They should be recent (within one year) and bear a clear likeness to the applicant. Passport photographs must be clear, front view, full face, eyes open, ears showing, and no smiling face. They must be taken in front of a plain, white background. The Township can take passport photos for $8.00. Please note that we do not have the ability to take pictures of infants or children that require assistance standing.
- Form of Payment: There are two separate fees (Application fee and Execution fee) involved when applying for your passport using a DS-11 form. Application fees must be in the form of a check or money order payable to U.S. Department of State. The $35.00 Execution Fee may be paid in cash or by check made payable to Downers Grove Township.
*If international departure is less than two weeks away or a passport is needed for foreign visas, submitting an application at a Regional Passport Agency may be advised. An appointment for that is required. Visit travel.state.gov for more information.
All passport applicants, regardless of age, must be present during the time of application. Applicants aged 16 must have one parent present with them. Applicants aged 15 and under must have both parents present.
Passport Renewal By Mail (Customer Submits His/Her Renewal)
You may qualify to submit your passport renewal by using form DS-82. This application can be made by mail only if:
- You can submit your most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card with your application.
- You were at least 16 years old when your most recent U.S. passport and/or U.S. passport card was issued.
- You were issued your most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card less than 15 years ago.
- You use the same name as on your most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card – OR – you have had your name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect your name change (marriage certificate or court order).
If you use Form DS-82, there is no execution fee.
Downer Grove Township Passport Agency Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Currently, appointments are required.
Call (630) 719-6610 for more information and to schedule an appointment.
- > Supervisor > Passport Applications
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.