Serving the youth and senior citizens. Human Services provides a variety of services which focus on helping people develop the skills and resources they need to live responsibly and independently and avoid more serious problems which require intensive intervention. Please see our specific program descriptions for more details on what we do and whom we serve. If you have any questions please call (630) 719-6670, email email@example.com, or fill out the Human Services Contact Form.
- Community Adult Day Center Says Thanks! January 21, 2021Elaine Furjanic of Community Adult Day Center, with Supervisor Mark Thoman. Supervisor Mark Thoman: “We here at the Township were very pleased to be able to use part of our CARES Act funding to help Community Adult Day Center. Like many nonprofits, COVID hammered CADC with unexpected additional costs. Helping them get through 2020 and continuing ...
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 01/21/21 With Zoom Details January 18, 2021At this time the Township Board Meeting will be held on-line via Zoom. Details as follows: Date: Thursday, 01/21/21 Where: On-line via Zoom Meeting Room where it originates: 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: On-line opens at 7:15pm. Meeting begins 7:30 pm. At this time the meeting is closed to the public and is accessible via Zoom. The Zoom particulars are ...
- Deadline Extended: Take The Township Multipurpose Senior Center Survey! January 14, 2021Survey QR Code We’re looking for YOUR input on how to best utilize our nearly finished Township Multipurpose Senior Center. Please fill out our 5 minute “senior” survey and let us know how you think the space should be utilized and for what purposes you would attend. Please complete the survey so we can include your voices ...
- Hope’s Front Door Says Thanks! January 14, 2021Their Facebook post is here. Hope’s Front Door Executive Director Janelle RObinson with Supervisor Thoman Hope’s Front Door thanks Downers Grove Township and Mark Thoman, Supervisor, for their support through a CARES Act reimbursement grant to cover some of the 2020 COVID-19 related increases in community services. The $19,900 grant will help Hope’s Front Door continue to ...
- IDPH Issues Vaccine Information January 11, 2021The Illinois Department of Public Health has put together a SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 Mass Vaccination Planning Guide. You can access this information here:https://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccine-faq The IDPH also has a downloadable FAQ on their most up to date information that you can download here: COVID-19-Vaccine-FAQDownload This information can change, so stay up to date by checking these sites periodically.
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.