Serving the youth and senior citizens. Human Services provides a variety of services which focus on helping people develop the skills and resources they need to live responsibly and independently and avoid more serious problems which require intensive intervention. Please see our specific program descriptions for more details on what we do and whom we serve. If you have any questions please call (630) 719-6670, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the Human Services Contact Form.
- Frozen Meal Pack is Back: 3rd Time’s a Charm! May 29, 2020 Third Time’s a Charm! 5 Pack Frozen Meals Available to Seniors 60 or over an encore event! This event was so popular DuPage Senior Citizens Council agreed to let us do it a third time! YOU MUST REGISTER starting Monday June 1st, ending Monday June 22nd at Noon. PICK UP is Thursday June 25th ...
- Township Multi-use Senior Center Moves Forward May 28, 2020 With plans approved by the Village of Downers Grove, the Township Multi-use Senior Center project has been issued a Construction Permit and will begin the active phase of construction ASAP. Supervisor Mark Thoman notes: “The issuance of the Construction Permit bring years of prep and months of planning, engineering, and design effort to a point ...
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 5/21/20 May 20, 2020 The Township Board Meeting will be held at the Township office, as follows: Date: Thursday, May 21st, 2020 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda.
- DGT Offices Closed – Memorial Day May 18, 2020 The Township offices will be closed in observance of Memorial Day on May 25th, 2020.
- FISH Pantry MOVED to Tuesday, May 26th from Monday May 25th, Memorial Day May 18, 2020 Township offices Closed Memorial Day , Monday May 25th. The FISH Food and Clothing Pantry is normally also closed on this holiday. HOWEVER, due to the food pantry being open only one day a week during the quarantine, FISH Food Pantry will be open Tuesday May 26th from 9-11am (normal hours) to distribute food to those ...
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.