Serving the youth and senior citizens. Human Services provides a variety of services which focus on helping people develop the skills and resources they need to live responsibly and independently and avoid more serious problems which require intensive intervention. Please see our specific program descriptions for more details on what we do and whom we serve. If you have any questions please call (630) 719-6670, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the Human Services Contact Form.
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 10/21/21 October 19, 2021The Township Board Meeting will be held at the Township office, as follows: Date: Thursday, 10/21/21 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda.
- DGT Offices Closed – 10/11/21 October 8, 2021The Township offices will be closed in observance of Columbus Day on 10/11/21.
- 5ct. Frozen Meals: 2 more opportunities this year! October 1, 2021Yes, DuPage County Senior Citizens Council happily informed us that they received additional funding for 2 more months of food distribution! They also received funding to do it again next year as well. Most likely it will begin in March or April. We’ll keep you posted! When: TUESDAY (Please note the DAY change) October 19th from 9am-11am – (we’ll ...
- Arts & Crafts at the Township Center October 1, 2021Beginning Monday October 18th from 2-3:30pm you’ll have an opportunity to relax, enjoy and be creative! This class will be once per month on the third Monday of each month at our NEW Township Center (4341 Saratoga Avenue Downers Grove) PRC has additional opportunities for virtual classes through their Westmont location. Register NOW!!! IMPORTANT- Please call Lena (PRC) 630.682.5402 X 241. PRC-Virtual-Art-Classes-October-2021-1Download
- Computer Classes at the NEW Township Center! October 1, 2021Through an exciting collaboration with People’s Resource Center (PRC), the Township will be hosting classes in the newly built Township Multipurpose Senior Center. PRC volunteers will be teaching a basic computer course aimed at older adults. It begins Wednesday, October 13th from 1:30pm-3:00pm through Wednesday, November 24th. The class title is Intro to Computers- everything you always wanted to ...
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.