Serving the youth and senior citizens. Human Services provides a variety of services which focus on helping people develop the skills and resources they need to live responsibly and independently and avoid more serious problems which require intensive intervention. Please see our specific program descriptions for more details on what we do and whom we serve. If you have any questions please call (630) 719-6670, email email@example.com, or fill out the Human Services Contact Form.
- Meeting of the Township Board of Trustees – 04/15/21 With Zoom Details April 13, 2021The Township Board Meeting will be held at the Township office and on-line via Zoom, as follows: Date: Thursday, 04/15/21 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda. Zoom details: Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86456271561?pwd=ZWhjaEMzUVM5b0dIVlpsc2lpak5tdz09 Meeting ID: 864 5627 1561 Passcode: 618550 One tap mobile +13126266799,,86456271561#,,,,*618550# US (Chicago) +19292056099,,86456271561#,,,,*618550# US (New York) Dial by your location +1 312 ...
- Frozen Meal Packs are Back for 2021! Sign up now for Thursday April 29th Pick Up. April 13, 2021(EDIT) Five Pack Frozen Meals available to seniors citizens 60 or over is on for April 29th! This very popular and successful 2020 event in cooperation with the DuPage Senior Citizens Council is back for 2021. YOU MUST REGISTER starting now, through Monday April26th at Noon. PICK UP is Thursday April 29th from 9 A.M. to 11 A.M. at ...
- People’s Resource Center (PRC) has Updated its Services! April 13, 2021PRC (Westmont) proudly announces upcoming classes and workshops on job assistance, art, literacy and health. For general information about PRC (food distribution hours, social services, etc.), visit their website at: https://www.peoplesrc.org/ Literacy Programs: https://www.peoplesrc.org/adult-learning-literacy/ April’s Events Calendar: https://www.peoplesrc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/2021-APRIL-JA-Calendar-1.pdf Virtual Art Classes: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/FMfcgxwLtQWsRGnQMBWmmRsHSRrkddNx?projector=1&messagePartId=0.4 Computer Training Information: https://www.peoplesrc.org/computer-access-training/Computer Training Scheduling: https://www.picktime.com/PRCcomputertraining Microsoft Office Specialist Certification in WordDownload HEAL Tuesdays English for HealthDownload
- Prescription Drug Take Back April 24 April 4, 2021The Westmont Police Department will once again participate in the annual National DEA-sponsored Drug Take Back Day. This year’s events will be held on Saturday, April 24, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be two drop-off locations in Westmont: the Westmont Police Department at 500 N. Cass Avenue, and the Westmont Fire Department ...
- Great Funding News for the New Township Center! March 15, 2021TIMKEN FOUNDATION AWARDS $19,000 GRANT TO DOWNERS GROVE TOWNSHIP FOR SENIOR CENTER Friends for Downers Grove Township Seniors, (a fundraising organization for Downers Grove Township) recently received a direct grant award from the Timken Foundation of Canton, a company with local roots in the community via Lovejoy, a local manufacturing subsidiary located in Downers Grove. The generous ...
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.