Highway Department Divisions
- Capital Improvements – Asphalt Resurfacing – Culvert Installation – Gravel Shouldering – Pavement Marking – Sidewalk & Curbing Installation – Sidewalk & Curbing Replacement – Storm Sewer Installation
- Pavement Maintenance – Asphalt Patching – Crack Sealing – Gravel Shouldering – Pothole Repair – Slurry Sealing – Street Sweeping – Snow & Ice Control – Salt – Plowing
- Traffic – Guardrails – Pavement Re-Marking – Street Lights – Signage (Cautionary, Regulatory and Prohibitive)
Forestry & Grounds
- Brush Division – Brush Pickup – Mulch/Wood Chip Program – Tree removal – Stump removal – Christmas Tree Pickup
- Restoration Division – Litter Pickup – R.O.W. Restoration
- Weed Division – R.O.W. Mowing – Weed Trimming
- Curb & Gutter – Basin Maintenance – Storm Sewer Maintenance
- Open Ditch – Culvert Replacement – Existing Tile Maintenance within easements – French Drains – R.O.W. Ditching
R.O.W Ditching is an annual program to promote better drainage and alleviate standing water throughout the township road systems. If you think you have a drainage problem please give us a call.
- Downers Grove Township Brush Pickup dates.
- Please remember that while these are our target dates, delays due to equipment failure, weather conditions, etc.) are always a possibility. Remember this is an optional service.
- The Township provides it’s residents with wood chips/mulch for free.
- The Township provides free Christmas tree pickup. The first two (2) weeks of the year.
Ordinances & Permits
- The Township requires a signed covenant agreement from homeowners for brick drives, invisible fences and sprinklers within the public ROW.
- The Township and DuPage County require a permit for removal and replacement of existing driveways.
- The Township has a “No Parking During 1 inch Snowfall” Ordinance.
Public Works Mutual Aid
The Township is a member of DuPage County’s – Public Works Mutual Aid Program (PWMA). The highway department along with the other townships in the county are part of one of the nation’s first Public Works Mutual Aid programs. Pooling resources to better serve our residents in the event of a disaster.
Wildlife in Downers Grove Township
The township is home to a wide variety of wildlife, strategies for dealing with wildlife.
- > Highway Department > Highway Divisions
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.