COVID-19 Updates Friday, May 30th, 2020
Municipalities are moving to assist businesses to reopen with masking and social distancing protocols. Be kind and be nice, wear your mask when you are inside a place of business – it’s not a big deal to make others feel more comfortable being out and about again.
The Township has been following the County lead on office availability. Some departments, like the circuit court, are open limited to pre-arranged appointments only, some departments, like public aid, and health, are not doing appointments yet. We expect to have limited ability to meet with clients by appointment only at some point in June, and we’ll post that up ASAP, so stay tuned. No changes yet, but we’re getting there!
Township Update Monday, May 15th
Very little has changed. You can see the reopening path Governor Pritzker has proposed HERE.
Township Update Monday, May 4th
While some businesses are partially reopening, the Township building remains on lockdown, now through May 26th. We are closed to walk ins and are NOT making appointments. Until we receive guidance from the state on reopening our offices, Downers Grove Township will remain closed to the public for walk-in and appointments. Bear with us, we appreciate your understanding.
Major Updates for the Month of May
Today the Stay-at-Home Order was extended by Governor J.B. Pritzker. He announced he will extend Illinois’ stay-at-home order through the end of May. The current order expires April 30th. The new order will be filed next week and takes effect May 1st. Highlights of the changes to the stay-at-home order from the Governor’s press release:
• OUTDOOR RECREATION: State parks will begin a phased re-opening under guidance from the Department of Natural Resources. Fishing and boating in groups of no more than two people will be permitted. A list of parks that will be open on May 1 and additional guidelines can be found on the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. Golf will be permitted under strict safety guidelines provided by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity and when ensuring that social distancing is followed.
• NEW ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES: Greenhouses, garden centers and nurseries may re-open as essential businesses. These stores must follow social distancing requirements and must require that employees and customers wear a face covering. Animal grooming services may also re-open.
• NON-ESSENTIAL RETAIL: Retail stores not designated as non-essential businesses and operations may re-open to fulfill telephone and online orders through pick-up outside the store and delivery.
• FACE COVERINGS: Beginning on May 1, individuals will be required to wear a face-covering or a mask when in a public place where they can’t maintain a six-foot social distance. Face- coverings will be required in public indoor spaces, such as stores. This new requirement applies to all individuals over the age of two who are able to medically tolerate a face- covering or a mask.
• ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES AND MANUFACTURING: Essential businesses and manufacturers will be required to provide face-coverings to all employees who are not able to maintain six-feet of social distancing, as well as follow new requirements that maximize social distancing and prioritize the well-being of employees and customers. This will include occupancy limits for essential businesses and precautions such as staggering shifts and operating only essential lines for manufacturers.
• SCHOOLS: Educational institutions may allow and establish procedures for pick-up of necessary supplies or student belongings. Dormitory move-outs must follow public health guidelines, including social distancing.
• HEALTH CARE PROCEDURES: The Illinois Department of Public Health will also be issuing guidance to surgi-centers and hospitals to allow for certain elective surgeries for non-life- threatening conditions, starting on May 1. Facilities will need to meet specific criteria, including proper PPE, ensuring enough overall space for COVID-19 patients remains available, and testing of elective surgery patients to ensure COVID-19 negative status.
Cut off date for Meal Pack sign up is Thursday April 23 at noon.
Township seniors ages 60 years and older are eligible to receive a 5-Ct. Frozen Meal Pack at the Township Building to be distributed on Monday, April 27th, 2020 between the hours of 9am-11am during the current Food Pantry Drive-Up hours. We’re working on additional distribution dates in May, so stay tuned, it’s obviously a very fluid time!
Township Update Monday 4/13
The monthly Board of Trustees Meeting scheduled for Thursday April 16, 2020 is still on. Recommended six foot spacing will be observed. Although the meeting IS open, we discourage attendance by the general public for obvious reasons. The video will be posted as usual on the transparency page of our website. If you had planned to make a public comment, please email it to Clerk Lorraine Grimsby at firstname.lastname@example.org or Supervisor Thoman at email@example.com and it will be included in the meeting minutes. We appreciate your continued understanding, and look forward to resumed resident attendance when normalcy returns.
Township Update Wednesday 4/8
The Township Annual Town Meeting, scheduled for Tuesday April 21, 2020, has been suspended through the duration of the Gubernatorial Disaster Proclamation, by Executive Order 22 Part 1. We are required to post this notice on our website and in our hallway bulletin board. Acknowledging we’ve also been on locked door status, this will be posted in our north entrance window.
Township Update Monday 4/6
No new news is good news! This is supposed to be “the bad week”, so stay safe and stay six feet away!
Township Update Tuesday 3/31
FISH Food Pantry is open Monday only from 9am to 11am as a “drive through”. FISH can now accept food donation during this time 9am to 11am also. Do not leave food at any other times.
In-person appointments for Human Services are suspended until further notice. Please call for questions or assistance (see Office Information on our website).
In-person appointments for General Assistance are suspended until further notice. Call GA direct at 630-719-6614. You may need to leave a message with a call back number.
Passports appointments are suspended until further notice. Details and direct renewal information and forms can be found at travel.state.gov.
Township Update Monday 3/23
The FISH Food Pantry is open Monday and Friday this week and continues to operate as a “drive through” from 9am until 11am. Anyone who needs food will receive a bag of prepacked food, no questions. If you know someone who needs food that cannot get here, and you can get here for them, please come and get them a bag of food. All we ask is that you make sure that neighbor in need gets the food.
UPDATE on the UPDATE: If you have a donation DO NOT bring it until we get guidance. We’ll keep you posted.
– Pre-packed grocery bags will be available with non-perishables, as well as fruits and vegetables
– Clients may return every Monday and Friday between 9 AM and 11 AM
– Fish will not be accepting any clothing or household goods until further notice
– We ask you not leave your vehicle, in order to minimize contact with volunteers.
Township Update Thursday 3/19
PACE is recommending that riders consider postponing non-essential travel, PACE is still operating its usual service currently. That may change at a moments notice.
The FISH Food Pantry still plans to operate as a “drive through” tomorrow, Friday, from 8am until 11am. Anyone who needs food will receive a bag of prepacked food, no questions. If you know someone who needs food that cannot get here, and you can get here for them, please come and get them a bag of food. All we ask is that you make sure that neighbor in need gets the food.
The monthly Board of Trustees meeting is still on, and the ILAG office has provided additional guidance regarding OMA considerations. Although the meeting IS open, we discourage attendance by the general public for obvious reasons. If you email us a public comment, we will read it at the meeting and include it in the meeting minutes. The video of the meeting will be posted as usual, as quickly as possible.
Township Update Wednesday 3/18
The monthly Board of Trustees Meeting scheduled for Thursday March 19, 2020 is still on. Recommended six foot spacing will be observed.
Although the meeting IS open, we discourage attendance by the general public for obvious reasons.
The video will be posted as usual on the transparency page of our website. If you had planned to make a public comment, please email it to Clerk Lorraine Grimsby at firstname.lastname@example.org or Supervisor Thoman at email@example.com and it will be included in the meeting minutes.
We appreciate your continued understanding, and look forward to resumed resident attendance when normalcy returns.
Township Update Tuesday 3/17
With public health concerns and further guidance from federal and state authorities, Downers Grove Township offices and services are, effective immediately, closed to walk-ins, and only available by appointment at this time. We ask that you please call to make an appointment before coming for Passports, Disabled Parking Placards, General Assistance, Emergency Assistance, Assessor, Highway or other assistance. If you need assistance, please call:
- Supervisor 630-719-6610
- Assessor 630-719-6630
- Highway 630-719-6670
- Human Services 630-719-6670
The Food Pantry will be offering drive up pickup to minimize personal contact. They are open Monday and Friday from 8am until 11am.
Assessor Update Tuesday 3/17
With public health concerns and further guidance from federal and state authorities, Downers Grove Township offices and services are, effective immediately, closed to walk-ins, and only available by appointment at this time. We remain open to service the public by email and phone.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (630) 719-6630.
The 2020 Senior Exemptions Applications are not available yet. Once the County makes them available the deadline to submit a completed application is not until October 1, 2020. To help avoid any unnecessary trips, please call our office before coming in to discuss any real-estate exemption.
Highway Update Monday 3/16
The electronic recycling offered by the Township is cancelled until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Township Update Monday 3/16
Our Senior Survival Series Lunch and Learns are suspended until we get the all clear from the feds or state.
DuPage Senior Citizens Council is continuing Meals on Wheels deliveries into Downers Grove Township with the wellness checks performed by trained volunteers. They also offer limited home assistance services. Their regular communal dining locations are suspended for now. You can direct any questions regarding Meals on Wheels to the DSCC at 630-620-0804. ttps://www.dupageseniorcouncil.org
The FISH Food and Clothing Pantry is operating in a “Drive-Through” mode to limit exposure for our clients, and is open Monday and Friday 8am until 11am, the normal hours. Drop offs of food donations on Monday and Friday 8am through 11am are as a “drive-through” also. https://www.downersgrovefish.org/
Youth Life Skills instruction is suspended until schools are open and back up to speed to coordinate with our instructors.
Other services continue for now. All offices are open normal business hours 8:30am to 4:30pm. Passports are from 8:30am to 3:30pm.
If you or someone you know has cold or flu symptoms, please stay home and stay safe. Make sure you cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, wash your hands regularly, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, try to clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. .
We apologize for any inconvenience, but we are committed to observing protocols that keep our Township citizens as safe as possible.. Your health is important to us and we want to make sure that all necessary steps are taken to help ensure you all stay healthy, so when the time comes, and it will, we can resume all of our normal activities as soon as possible.
We will continue to cooperate and coordinate with emergency agencies, and will try and forward information as quickly as possible.
Further information is available. We recommend these for fact-based information that’s updated frequently:
The Federal site is coronavirus.gov or cdc.gov
The state site is idph.illinois.gov
The DuPage County Health Department site is https://www.dupagehealth.org/590/Coronavirus-Disease-2019-COVID-19-Inform
- > Township > COVID-19 Updates Friday, May 30th, 2020
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.