CDC Update On Coronavirus – Be Prepared, Stay Informed
The following post is also on our Facebook page and our Nextdoor page. DG Township strongly supports finding out the facts and being prepared.
While the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that the immediate risk to the general American public for contracting the coronavirus remains low, they suggest that now is the time for communities to start preparing. To stay up to date and informed on official coronavirus developments, you can sign up for the latest CDC updates here: https://www.cdc.gov/Other/emailupdates/. Below are the CDC’s prevention tips:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, and certainly if your commute includes public transit.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Always wash hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The purpose of a face mask is to prevent droplets from sneezing and coughing from becoming airborne.
If you have any questions, please visit the CDC website here: https://www.cdc.gov/
Please consider donating to FFDGTS a not-for-profit organization that supports programs and services offered by the Township that foster the independence and well being of older adults.
See other Charitable Organizations we support.