Downers Grove Township provides various programs that focus on youth. Among them: a substance abuse prevention grant targeting youth ages 10 through 18, and life skills classes targeting elementary and middle school students. For more information about specific programs, you can explore our website or call Human Services at (630) 719-6670.
- Youth In Crisis Coalition October 7, 2019 Downers Grove Township is proud to be a founding member of this coalition. Our Life Skills Instructors reach into over two dozen elementary and middle schools in our Township to teach grade appropriate material on how to deal with the effects of teasing, bullying, anxiety, depression that can lead to serious emotional issues as students ...
- Township Led Life Skills Workshops Strengthen Teen Mental Health March 13, 2019 The Peer Led Life Skills program is making strides in the community. We partnered this year with District 99 for Operation Snowball and Westmont High School’s Take Care Day. Both programs advocate for teen mental health. The partnerships were a great success! Misty Boyd, our Prevention and Life Skills Coordinator created a workshop that students ...
- Peer Led Life Skills Teacher Application February 22, 2019 High School Student Application Information We seek high school students from Downers Grove North, Downers Grove South, Hinsdale Central, Hinsdale South, and Westmont High School who are interested in becoming teachers and promoting healthy life choices. This is a great program for students looking to mentor younger students by providing positive messages and build their community ...
- Local Job Fair February 13, 2019 People’s Resource Center is hosting it’s 4th Annual Career Fair on Thursday, March 14th from 9am until 12 noon. This is a great opportunity for job seekers! PRC will even provide interview clothing from their Clothes Closet. Click on flyer for larger image.
- Teen Resiliency Workshops November 29, 2018 Downers Grove Township, as a member of the Youth In Crisis Coalition, is pleased to promote events that reinforce our shared mission of helping youth. From our good friends and fellow coalition member NAMI Trouble handling expectations, school, and stress? You’re normal, and we can equip you with some ways to deal better! Want to add ...
- > Human Services > Youth Services
Fight The Bite
4340 Prince Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Main (630) 719-6600
Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm