The Township Supervisor is Chief Executive Officer of the Township, Chairman of the Township Board of Trustees, and is in charge of General Assistance. He is also treasurer of all town funds as well as those of the Road and Bridge. The Supervisor presents budgets and levies to the board for their approval each year. All checks must be signed by the Supervisor, as treasurer. The Supervisor works with villages, agencies and organizations within the township to promote services and programs that would be beneficial to the residents. He also oversees the Human Services Department. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call (630) 719-6610.
- April 20th, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting – RESCHEDULED April 20, 2017 The Township Board Meeting normally scheduled for April 20, 2017, has been rescheduled due to a server error: Rescheduled Date: May 4th, 2017 Where: Meeting Room – 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL When: 7:30 pm View and download the meeting agenda. In the process of changing over to our new server on 4/13, the website reset to an earlier ...
- Did You Know? – Townships are mandated to provide General Assistance… April 10, 2017 Townships are mandated to provide General Assistance. This is a financial aid program for those who are not qualified for categorical assistance (state or federally funded aid). The primary goal of Township General Assistance is to get people back into employment. For more information about this program, contact our Case Manager at (630) 719-6610.
- Meet Christina LePage & People’s Resource Center – DGT Partner of the Month April 3, 2017 Sitting down with Christina LePage and chatting is like taking in a breath of fresh air. There is a genuineness and kindness about her that just emanates from the heart. As you begin to talk about the “why’s” of the work she does at People’s Resource Center (PRC), a picture of compassion and desire to ...
- Welcome to Downers Grove Township! April 3, 2017 Townships in Illinois are the grass roots of public service in Illinois. We are your neighbors next door. Townships, by statute, provide basic services. Our Highway Department maintains over 70 miles of roads in good weather and bad. We provide Assessment services to all property owners. Low cost General Assistance helps residents in specific need. ...
- Did You Know? – The Senior Citizens’ Homestead Exemption annual renewal… April 3, 2017 The Senior Citizens’ Homestead Exemption annual renewal (status) cards are sent to qualified taxpayers each year around the middle of April and must be returned to the DuPage County Supervisor of Assessments Office to confirm continuing eligibility. The Downers Grove Township Assessor’s Office will accept completed renewal cards and personally deliver them the DuPage County. ...
About the Supervisor
4340 Prince Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Main (630) 719-6600
Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm