Downers Grove Township is a Passport Acceptance Agency. To apply for a new U.S. Passport, you must have one of each of the following:
- Proof of Citizenship: Certified Copy of Birth Certificate, Certificate of Naturalization or an Expired Passport (issued in the last 15 years). All documents must be sealed, certified originals. No photo copies will be accepted.
- Identification: A Valid Photo ID is required. A Drivers License or State ID are acceptable forms of identification. The ID must include: your photo, signature, issue date and expiration date.
- Passport Photos: Passport-specific photos are 2?x2? in size. They should be recent and be a clear likeness of the bearer. The photos must be clear, front view, full face, eyes open, with a plain white. The Township can take passport photos for $8.00. Please note that we do not have the ability to take pictures of infants or children that require assistance standing.
- Form of Payment: There are two separate fees (Application fee and Execution fee) involved when applying for your passport using a DS-11 form. Application fees must be in the form of a Check or Money Order payable to: U.S. Department of State. Execution fees may be a check or currency for $25.00 payable to Downers Grove Township.
|Regular Processing – 6 Weeks
Adult (Age 16 & Older) $110.00
|Expedited Processing –3 Weeks*
Add $60.00 Per Application
*If international departure is less than two weeks away or a passport is needed for foreign visas, submitting an application at a Regional Passport Agency may be advised. An appointment for that is required. Visit travel.state.gov for more information.
Minors 16 years old and older must be present to sign the application. Children under age 16 must be present and accompanied by both parents.
Passport Renewal By Mail (Customer Submits His/Her Renewal)
You may qualify to submit your passport renewal by using form DS-82. This application can be made by mail only if:
- You can submit your most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card with your application.
- You were at least 16 years old when your most recent U.S. passport and/or U.S. passport card was issued.
- You were issued your most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card less than 15 years ago.
- You use the same name as on your most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card – OR – you have had your name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect your name change (marriage certificate or court order).
If you use Form DS-82, there is no execution fee.
Downer Grove Township Passport Agency Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. No appointment is needed however it is wise to call ahead to verify that a passport agent is on duty. Call (630) 719-6610 for more information.
- > Supervisor > Passports
Fight the Bite
4340 Prince Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Main (630) 719-6600
Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm