Downers Grove Township provides various programs that focus on youth. Among them: a substance abuse prevention grant targeting youth ages 10 through 18, and life skills classes targeting elementary and middle school students. For more information about specific programs, you can explore our website or call Human Services at (630) 719-6670.
- Peer-Led Life Skills Classes Promote Positive Social Behavior December 20, 2017 By Denise Freese Dec. 18, 2017 This article appeared in the Suburban Life News SD Edition of December 13-19, 2017 The Downers Grove Township is a local government group that does a terrific job promoting important educational opportunities for students through partnerships and social activities. Recognizing the valuable impact of these opportunities, St. Mary of Gostyn Catholic ...
- In Recognition of… November 3, 2017 One of the greatest pleasures of working within the Township community has been the incredible opportunity to teach and engage youth with important life skills information at an early age, watch them grow and begin to utilize these skills more fully. Additionally, role playing and guiding our students through drug refusal skills, in this day ...
- Let’s Talk Teens – Smoking weed can cause a multitude of problems for youth! October 16, 2017 Smoking weed can cause a drop in grades, dropping out or sports/activities, frequent suspension, skipping classes, mood swings, decreased family involvement, increased fighting with siblings, sleeping in class, depression, temper outbursts and more! Does this describe you or someone you care about? (http://www.rosecrance.org/) 81% of Burr Ridge Middle School 8th graders report they get mostly ...
- Let’s Talk Parents – Have you set clear rules and talked to your kids about marijuana? October 9, 2017 Two-thirds of kids say that upsetting their parents or losing the respect of family and friends is one of the main reasons they don’t smoke marijuana or use other drugs. Have you set clear rules and talked to your kids about marijuana? (http://www.drugfree.org/) 83% of Burr Ridge Middle School 8th graders say their parents set ...
- Let’s Talk Teens – One study shows that teens who use marijuana are more likely to use other drugs. September 18, 2017 One study shows that teens who use marijuana are more likely to use other drugs, especially prescription drugs. Heroin use is linked to the use of prescription drugs. (https://www.samhsa.gov/) 97% of Burr Ridge Middle School 8th graders say they have not used marijuana in the past 30 days. (Illinois Youth Survey 2016)
- > Human Services > Youth Services
Fight the Bite
4340 Prince Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Main (630) 719-6600
Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm