Downers Grove Township provides various programs that focus on youth. This includes: a substance abuse prevention grant targeting youth ages 10 through 18, life skills classes targeting elementary and middle school students, and early intervention programs for juvenile offenders. For more information about specific programs, you can explore our website or call Human Services at (630) 719-6670.
Self-Management Skills (SMS)
Illinois Department of Human Services Prevention Grant
Peer Led Life Skills Program
Peer Mediation Program
“Let’s Talk” Campaign
- “Let’s Talk Teens” What you don’t know CAN hurt you! March 6, 2017 Marijuana is the most commonly used mind-altering drug- which is especially dangerous to the teen developing brain- 1in 6 teens smoking marijuana will become addicted. (https://www.samhsa.gov/) 97% of Burr Ridge Middle School students have NOT used marijuana in the past 30 days. (Illinois Youth Survey 2016)
- “Let’s Talk Parents” What you don’t know CAN hurt you! February 27, 2017 Have you checked to see where your teen is, who he is with, and what he is doing? Teens who are not regularly monitored by their parents are 4X more likely to use drugs. Sometimes surprise your teen by checking up to make sure they are where they say they are… (https://www.drugabuse.gov/) 83% of Burr ...
- “Let’s Talk Teens” What you don’t know CAN hurt you! February 6, 2017 January 23-29 was NATIONAL DRUG FACTS WEEK! Take the quiz: National Drug & Alcohol Facts IQ Challenge to see what you know! 82%-90% of 8th graders at Burr Ridge Middle School think it’s wrong or very wrong to use alcohol, tobacco, marijuana or prescription drugs (Illinois Youth Survey 2016) (www.teens.drugabuse.gov/quiz/national-drug-alcohol-facts-week/take-iq-challenge/2017)
- “Let’s Talk Parents” – What you don’t know CAN hurt you! January 30, 2017 January 23-29 was NATIONAL DRUG FACTS WEEK! What do you know? Check out this valuable site for current information. 95%-99% of Burr Ridge Middle School 8th graders say their parents would think it’s wrong or very wrong for them to use alcohol, tobacco, marijuana or prescription drugs (Illinois Youth Survey 2106). (www.drugabuse.gov/news-events/public-education-projects/national-drug-alcohol-facts-week)
- Raising Healthy Teens in a Digital Age January 13, 2017 If you’re looking for a way to get a conversation started with your teen about the messages they receive daily from social media, there’s a free event you might want to check out. On Monday, January 23 from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m., The Robert Crown Center in Hinsdale will be hosting a free event that will ...
- > Human Services > Youth Services
Fight the Bite
4340 Prince Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Main (630) 719-6600
Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm