Youth Services Downers Grove Township provides various programs that focus on youth. This includes: a substance abuse prevention grant targeting youth ages 10 through 18, life skills classes targeting elementary and middle school students, and early intervention programs for juvenile offenders. For more information about specific programs, you can explore our website or call Human Services at (630) 719-6670. Peer Jury Self-Management Skills (SMS) Life Skills Illinois Department of Human Services Prevention Grant Peer Led Life Skills Program Peer Mediation Program Communication Campaign “Let’s Talk” Campaign Coalition Partnerships Recent News
- “Let’s Talk Teens” What you don’t know CAN hurt you! February 6, 2017 January 23-29 was NATIONAL DRUG FACTS WEEK! Take the quiz: National Drug & Alcohol Facts IQ Challenge to see what you know! 82%-90% of 8th graders at Burr Ridge Middle School think it’s wrong or very wrong to use alcohol, tobacco, marijuana or prescription drugs (Illinois Youth Survey 2016) (www.teens.drugabuse.gov/quiz/national-drug-alcohol-facts-week/take-iq-challenge/2017)
- “Let’s Talk Parents” – What you don’t know CAN hurt you! January 30, 2017 January 23-29 was NATIONAL DRUG FACTS WEEK! What do you know? Check out this valuable site for current information. 95%-99% of Burr Ridge Middle School 8th graders say their parents would think it’s wrong or very wrong for them to use alcohol, tobacco, marijuana or prescription drugs (Illinois Youth Survey 2106). (www.drugabuse.gov/news-events/public-education-projects/national-drug-alcohol-facts-week)
- Raising Healthy Teens in a Digital Age January 13, 2017 If you’re looking for a way to get a conversation started with your teen about the messages they receive daily from social media, there’s a free event you might want to check out. On Monday, January 23 from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m., The Robert Crown Center in Hinsdale will be hosting a free event that will ...
- Prevention Specialist Honored for Her Work May 26, 2016 If you walked into the room during a meeting, you might be overwhelmed by the boisterous nature. Dozens of teens, laughing, chanting, making warm fuzzies; it’s all part of Operation Snowball, a prevention program started in 1977. District 99 in Downers Grove is a part of the rich history of Snowball, dedicating a ...
- Peer Jury Application – Summer 2016 April 21, 2016 What is the Peer Jury Program? It is a program built on the principles of Balanced and Restorative Justice (BARJ). It is designed to provide a meaningful and remedial method of dealing with selected juvenile (under age 17) offenders without reference to the Juvenile Court. It does not determine guilt or innocence. A case is ...
- > Human Services > Youth Services
Fight the Bite
4340 Prince Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Main (630) 719-6600
Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm