Downers Grove Township provides various programs that focus on youth. Among them: a substance abuse prevention grant targeting youth ages 10 through 18, and life skills classes targeting elementary and middle school students. For more information about specific programs, you can explore our website or call Human Services at (630) 719-6670.
- Teen Resiliency Workshops November 29, 2018 Downers Grove Township, as a member of the Youth In Crisis Coalition, is pleased to promote events that reinforce our shared mission of helping youth. From our good friends and fellow coalition member NAMI Trouble handling expectations, school, and stress? You’re normal, and we can equip you with some ways to deal better! Want to add ...
- Township of Downers Grove promotes Community Coalition Efforts June 5, 2018 The Township of Downers Grove is proud to be a part of the Youth in Crisis Coalition. The Mission of the Coalition is to engage youth, parents, and organizations to reduce suicide attempts and completions and disrupt the journey to suicide. The Youth in Crisis Coalition will achieve this by providing tools, skills, and resources ...
- Pledge to Proactive Suicide Prevention May 25, 2018 Downers Grove Township is pleased to announce we are cooperatively working on proactive suicide prevention as a participating stakeholder of the Youth in Crisis Coalition. According to the CDC, suicide completion rates have surged to a 30-year high in America. As of 2016, the fastest rising age group for suicide completions are adolescents 10-14 years old, ...
- Peer-Led Life Skills Classes Promote Positive Social Behavior December 20, 2017 By Denise Freese Dec. 18, 2017 This article appeared in the Suburban Life News SD Edition of December 13-19, 2017 The Downers Grove Township is a local government group that does a terrific job promoting important educational opportunities for students through partnerships and social activities. Recognizing the valuable impact of these opportunities, St. Mary of Gostyn Catholic ...
- In Recognition of… November 3, 2017 One of the greatest pleasures of working within the Township community has been the incredible opportunity to teach and engage youth with important life skills information at an early age, watch them grow and begin to utilize these skills more fully. Additionally, role playing and guiding our students through drug refusal skills, in this day ...
- > Human Services > Youth Services
Fight the Bite
4340 Prince Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Main (630) 719-6600
Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm