Downers Grove Township provides various programs that focus on youth. This includes: a substance abuse prevention grant targeting youth ages 10 through 18, life skills classes targeting elementary and middle school students, and early intervention programs for juvenile offenders. For more information about specific programs, you can explore our website or call Human Services at (630) 719-6670.
Self-Management Skills (SMS)
Illinois Department of Human Services Prevention Grant
Peer Led Life Skills Program
Peer Mediation Program
“Let’s Talk” Campaign
- Parents – An Important Connection-Mental Health, Alcohol and Teens April 21, 2017 Alcohol use in teens greatly impacts teens mental health. #AlcoholAwarenessMonth #LeaveYourMarkPLT
- Peer Jury Application April 19, 2017 Downers Grove Township Peer Jury is an opportunity for high school students to participate in a community based program that positively impact first time juvenile offenders. Jurors are assigned to a rotation and attend hearings once a month between 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. Regardless of how involved you are in other school ...
- Parents – It’s Easier to Talk About the Birds & Bees than Underage Drinking! April 19, 2017 You talk about the birds and the bees, bullying, body image and the importance of doing well in school, but have you talked about underage drinking lately? https://responsibility.org/start-a-conversation/ #AlcoholAwarenessMonth #LeaveYourMarkPLT
- Parents – How Much Influence Do I Have With My Child? April 10, 2017 Parents, you are the leading influence in your kid’s decision not to drink. Check out: http://bit.ly/ZEZ2py #AlcoholAwarenessMonth #LeaveYourMarkPLT
- Parents – Create an Action Plan for Conversation April 7, 2017 During #AlcoholAwarenessMonth use SAMHSA’s guide to create your own personalized action plan to help make having the conversation about underage drinking easier today – and in the future. For the SAMHSA underage drinking action plan go to: http://archive.samhsa.gov/underagedrinking/action_plan/action_plan.html/action_plan.html #AlcoholAwarenessMonth ...
- > Human Services > Youth Services
Fight the Bite
4340 Prince Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Main (630) 719-6600
Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm