Township Supervisor Mark Thoman will accept applicant resumes with cover letters for a Township Trustee vacancy on the Board of Trustees that occurred effective September 1, 2017. Interested residents should mail, email, or drop off a resume and cover letter on or before 4:30pm on Friday September 29, 2017. No applicants will be accepted after this date.
State statute (60 ILCS 1/60-5) requires:
- Applicants shall be of the same political party (Republican).
- Applicants shall have no criminal convictions.
- Applicants shall be a Township resident.
- Appointment shall be for the duration of the unexpired term.
Trustee duties are specific.
- Previous experience on a governing board is a plus.
- Budget experience is a plus. Trustees set the levy, help define the budget, approve the resulting appropriations, and approve and accept the Annual Financial Report.
- Bookkeeping and general accounting experience is a plus. Township Trustees perform an audit every month of all expenses, of every check written against invoices and receipts for the entire Township.
- > Supervisor > Township Seeks Replacement for Trustee Vacancy
Fight the Bite
4340 Prince Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Main (630) 719-6600
Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm