The 2016 tax bills will be mailed today (Friday, April 28th, 2017) by the DuPage County Treasurer. Tax bill payments are due June 1st and September 1st, 2017.
The assessed values and tax bill amounts listed in the Parcel Search reflect the final 2016 assessments, tax rates and tax bill amounts. Payment deadline to avoid publication of delinquent taxes in newspaper is October 10th, 2017.
2016 Tax Year Calendar of Events
- 06/01/17 1st installment due date
- 06/02/17 Per Illinois State Statute, 1½ % interest per month due on late payments
- 09/01/17 2nd installment due date
- 09/02/17 Per Illinois State Statute, 1½ % interest per month due on late payments
- 10/10/17 Payment deadline to avoid publication of delinquent taxes in newspaper
- 10/23/17 During this week, delinquent taxes are published in the newspaper
- 10/27/17 Last day to pay using the online payment system
- 10/31/17 Last day to use personal checks for payment
- 10/31/17 Delinquent bills mailed
- 11/01/17 Cash, cashier’s checks or money orders (certified funds) are required for payment
- 11/09/17 Last day to pay with credit/debit cards at the Treasurer’s Office
- 11/15/17 Certified payment must be received in the Treasurer’s Office before 4:30 pm to avoid property tax being offered at tax sale
- 11/15/17 Last day to pay. Must be received in the office by 4:30 pm.
- 11/16/17 Property tax sale for unpaid 2016 taxes begins at 9:00 am today. No tax payments will be accepted today.
Office of the Assessor
Phone: (630) 719-6630
Fight the Bite
4340 Prince Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Main (630) 719-6600
Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm